Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting started... Is it not the worst part of any task?

Today is a rainy day. I love rainy days. I think I'd prefer years full of rainy days with occasional sunny days. Rain never ruins my vacations as it does for most people. If there is not a rainy day on my vacation, it's not a perfect vacation. But the downside to rainy days is that they make it harder for me to work. Rainy days are so beautiful to me. They spark my imagination, my desire for fun and adventures. Unfortunately, they seem to downsize my work ethic. It's very difficult to get started on work when you are this happy and relaxed. It's like getting a restful night of sleep, and in the morning you feel so refreshed and happy that you just want to lay in bed smiling and day dreaming. That's what the rain does to me.

But I know I'll be happier tonight if I get something done. So, I'm going to work real hard now. I wish I hadn't woken up so late, but tomorrow I have the option to wake earlier. And today I have the option to work really hard. I guess I have to. Motivation doesn't usually work for me. I just have to do it. Once I start, it gets easier. I usually gain a higher work ethic after starting because I feel like I can just keep going. Therefore, I can't sit around until I get a revelation or hear a motivational quote or anything. I just have to do it. (I guess Nike's theme "Just do it" has some truth to it... If you get past the suggestive part...haha.)

This is for my own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment