Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dayquil and Love.

I'm sick. With what I don't know, but it keeps getting worse. I finally gave in and broke into the Dayquil today. ...The packaging seal is kicking my butt right now. It just won't open. It's one of those dramatic moments where you think an object hates you, you're so worn out, and you just burst into tears. Hey, don't look at me like I'm crazy! You've done it too! When you're so worn out, it seems like everything's emotional. "I asked you to shut the door. What do you have against me??? -sniffle- -tear-"

But now that I've finally opened the Dayquil, and I feel better, onto my original point. Why is it that we all want love, but sometimes we think it doesn't meet our standards? Is this love? Don't I get fireworks? Cue the background music! Where's the romantic background music? Oh, well, maybe this isn't true love then.

This seems like the mindset of a lot of people today. If it doesn't meet their unreasonable expectations, it's not true love. Well, true love is not a movie that you're directing. True love is better described as a rollercoaster, no matter how stereotypical that is. Sure, there are great moments where you feel as if you could almost hear music. There are also moments when you just feel like great friends. Then there are moments where you may forget about the importance of doing little things for each other. You think, well why am I not feeling overjoyed right now? Well, maybe you need to start doing the things that you expect the other person to do. You can't just expect to be pleased every moment and forget to give anything back. That's not love at all. Sure, love can come along with amazing feelings, but love is more of an action than a feeling. I think it's more accurate to say "I Love You" or "I am loved" then to say "I feel loved." Feelings can be deceiving, but actions are true. Even saying "I am loved" is more true then "I feel loved." So, maybe we should be more concerned about what we do then how we feel. One last thing, there is no "true love." There is only love. If it's not true then it's not love. And love is not merely reserved for romantic couples. Love is for everyone. Show love to everyone.

Loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment